Joe Landers wrote:

> I would like to get some opinions on something I got to do at my site. I
> am moving tomorrow to a new site but this site does not have a backup
> generator so I need to add a battery backup system for a  mastr II
> station. Would like to know what you guys have out there for a switching
> from ac to dc current or what type of backup type supplies are
> recommended out there.

We have 3x Mastr II repeaters being powered by 2 Staticon power supplies
along with a bunch of backup batteries. Staticon has been used for
years up here in Canada and you can check them out at:

<http://www.staticon.ca>

Used units are plentiful (which is what we use). One staticon powers
2 repeaters (UHF and VHF) along with 500AH worth of batteries. The
second smaller Staticon powers our 6 meter machine with 50AH worth
of batteries. They will simultaneously power the equipment and charge
the batteries and they offer an equalizing feature.

Keep your eyes wide open during the fleamarkets :)

Tedd Doda, VE3TJD

Lazer Audio and Electronics
http://www.ve3tjd.com

My idea of a symphony: 8 pistons playing the tune
my right foot tells them to....