MCH wrote:
> Illegal? They were foreign terrorists. How many foreign terrorists are
> going to give a rat's rear about compliance with FCC regulations.

Uhhh...Bruce Willis' character was using it, along with just about
everyone using a handheld in the movie.
And there was definitely places where you heard receive audio come back
out of the radio.

> The only part that was really far fetched is when John called the PD on
> "channel 9" - implying that they were using CBs and that the PD actually
> monitored channel 9. Oh, and that Al could talk to him on his police radios.

I still remember an episode of Hawaii 5-0 where  they were sitting on a
boat, and fired up the local AM radio station-on a Motorola PT200.