At 2/14/2009 16:27, you wrote:
>Hi to all,
>
>I have a local ham here in Colorado and he has a Yaseu FT-8500 and his
>audio is off the charts. Does anybody know how to adjust these radio. Is
>via the front panel or on the board in the radio. I also want to bring the
>Transmitter on freq both on the VHF and UHF while im into it.
>
>Mike K7PFJ

(assuming you have the FS-10 "Mr. Potato Head" mic):

-Turn radio off.

-While holding down the LOW, REV & vol. control of the band you want to
adjust on the FS-10, press the PWR button.  This puts the radio into
service mode & you'll see "STANDBY" on the display.

-Press the joystick to the right 5 times to get to the MODULATION menu entry.

-Press the joystick up or down to raise/lower the deviation of the band
selected in the first step via the volume control held down.  You can key
the radio TX at this point so you can measure the deviation.

-Once the deviation is set, press "HOME" to save the setting, then "LOW" to
exit the service menu.

BTW, the "REFERENCE" menu setting sets the frequency.

Bob NO6B