That was the general gist... The Charge controller will pass dc
through from the "charger" or in this case the power supply to the
load under normal operations, but be aware of the maximum current
flow needed for the repeater as well as the batteries for
charging...... a large stack of batteries has different charge rates
and floats per battery... paralleling them makes for messy
charging... Everything assumes each battery will charge/discharge at
the same rate.. if the batts are matched this is true.. but 12v batts
tend to be made up of several cells and those individual cells age
differently in most batteries...  assumptions will boil a cell and
avalanche from there....One larger battery is better than several
smaller batteries... or put a separate charger on smaller groups... A
big bank of say 8 90a/hr batts is going to take a lot of charge and
that level could hurt the weakest cell in the lot under full bulk
charge.. the deadest batt will take current first.... but 800 a/hr
worth of batts will take a long time to recover if a discharge
occurs...at 30 amps... sustained like 24hrs... if you double the
charge current with a bigger charger.. you could be charging one
battery at 60 amps.. and you should be real careful about that...

Most serious battery stacks are series arrangements.. and higher
voltage but flat current through the system... then run a UPS to get
to 110v.... Many of Trace Engineering (Xantrex) and other makers of
UPS type Inverters use 4 12v batts in series for 48v... the invert to
110v.. Series and higher voltage uses smaller wire gauges to
accomplish backup...

I would recommend talking to vendors before paralleling 10 batteries
on a 12v charge controller...I would think some additional
engineering would be suggested...

Paralleling 200-300 amp batts is one thing.. paralleling 80-90 amp
gel cells is another matter... especially 10 of them...

Surplus is not necessarily a bargain....

Doug
KD8B