> But I've never understood the point in trying to "bury"
> the ID or "get it over with." It's not like it prevents
> anyone from continuing the conversation.

In work-horse applications most people simply want to get
the CW ID out of the way. Especially at locations where
multiple CW audio is received and resent mixed. Linking is
a great example where a fast non-obtrusive CW ID is better
applied.

If the CW ID frequency and level are not well chosen
values, it can easily and does often interfere with
an ongoing conversation (exchange of information).

cheers,
s.