Hey Joe
 Im running the same thing  a Converted Mitrek on 52.71/53.71
 with a hardline Duplexer. ( off air at moment  due to loosing duplexer in the
house fire.  setup worked great.  Other machine is a MastrII 3000 watt repeater
with Full size Commercial Duplexers.. Both are easy Conversions that work well.
 Neal-ka2caf