Eric and Bill,
Thanks for the reply and help.

You are both correct in that some of the reeds will not work in all
applications.

My application, which I should have specified is in a Micor factory
repeater station. The station PL decoder and encoder boards that I
have will accept either the fat or thin reeds.

Eric, thanks for keeping me honest here, as you are such a wealth of
knowledge on these radios, and your posts are always so informative to
read.

Thanks everyone for all of the reply's and help.

Joe - WA7JAW

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Hudson" <w6...@...> wrote:

> Eric,
>

> The "thin" one is the vibrasender "sender" as in transmit - and it is a
> TLN6824a
>

> The "fat" one is the vibrasponder "responds or rx the PL tone" - and
it's a
> TLN8381A
>

> This is always the case, and they are not interchangeable between
transmit
> and receive.
>

> The 88.5 PL frequency is referred to as YB.
>

> I looked in my box of reeds and found two Vibrasponders (TLN8381A)
for him,