  From: Jacob Suter
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 7:23 PM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Coax Cable - Question

  Sounds mechanically similar to Times Microwave LMR-400 to me.  I agree with
the other poster on using silver crimp-type connectors.  I don't like the
cheaper chrome/nickel plated crimp connectors.  The threaded portions tend to
flake when being screwed/unscrewed, which leads to odd results.

  I highly suggest attaching the cable to your mast/tower/whatever so it does
not move in the wind.  I also use automotive "gasket maker" under the crimp
ring to help seal out the elements.  Doing this, I've had short N/N jumpers in
the air otherwise unsealed with no sign of weather issues after 2.5 years
(obviously nothing in radio years, but.)

  JS