At 3/3/2009 15:54, you wrote:
>The MASTR Exec (1) came in two flavors (at least here in Canada), the
>Exec with a tube final and the Royal Exec with a solid state final.  The
>receivers in both cases was very similar.  The receivers are very
>sensitive and also quite tough.

...but rather prone to IMD.  I had a VHF Exec & I'd say the front-end had
the dynamic range of a typical amateur grade mobile radio.  IF bandwidth is
also wider than the Mastr II.  But yes they are more sensitive than a stock
Mastr II.

>BTW the Exec receiver makes a very good 220 receiver.  The majority of
>220 repeaters here in the Montreal area use them.

Makes sense - with no helicals to cut down they would make an easy conversion.

Bob NO6B