-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com  On Behalf Of Mike Naruta AA8K

---- (snip) ----

I am on waiting lists for DSL and fiber optic service,
but they are not available to me yet, even though
I am a short distance from the telephone office.
I used to use two-way satellite for my IP and now
regret ending that service.  I had only very brief
storm outages compared to my downtimes with Comcast.

Also, during power failures, Comcast has been going
down here not long after the power does, so your
Internet connection may not be available when you
need it the most.