Hello all,

This is my first post to this website, and I must say, I have found a vast
amount of great information here.  Please continue your great work and thanks
to all!

Here is the situation, I have a Spectrum SCR-1000 220mhz repeater.  The
transmitter is very noisy (spurious) that is causing us lots of problems.  What
we're thinking is the newer ICM crystal is actually overdriving the first
multiplier stage, cuasing problems on down the line.  The tuning coils on the
1st stage have very little if any response.  The repeater is located at my QTH
for testing and tuning purposes.  When transmitting, it wipes out my TV, VHF,
and 6M receivers, so it is pretty broad.
Our thought in solving this overdrive is to "knock down" the crystal by placing
a resistor (10K or so) in series with the crystal.  Has anyone else experienced
this or a similiar problem?  Any ideas or suggestions, short of replacing the
transmitter with something newer.
Oh, and the PA was removed from the transmitter box and placed in it's own
shielded enlosure to eliminate some problems we thought it was creating, so
that is/can be bypassed, we are sure it is the actual transmitter/exciter board
causing the problems.  Thanks all!

73 de Steve KD8BIW
sdenn...@yahoo.com
www.kd8biw.com