Bob Ricci wrote:
> Let's wrap this with a bow.
>
> I have tested this interference on 7 radios. 6 of them here and all 7
> hear the interference. Simply stated the interfering station is over
> 100 miles away and is breaking squelch 10 Khz away on a Bendix-King
> 5102X with a rubber ducky. Yep. 100 miles away on a rubber ducky 10
> Khz off frequency. Someone is wide, loud, and powerful. The receiver
> is a Yaesu VX4100 with 85dB adjacent channel selectivity at 20 Khz.
> That should be about 80 @ 15. If I have to switch to like GM300's
> what guarantee do I have that the problem will be any better if the
> other party is running excessive power and wide deviation?
>
> I have a complaint in with the coordinator and have not received any
> acknowledgement that the issue has been received. I also emailed the
> trustee and have not received a reply.
>
> I like to keep this cool and cooperative.
>
> Back to the question, though. Will something like a Angle Linear get
> in close enough to knock down interference that close?

No. The issue is at the IF level. Improving adjacent channel rejection
is done in the low IF just before the detector.

I had no problem listening to a distant repeater on 146.82 with a
146.805 about 1 mile away-in the path to the distant repeater, with a
Motrac base-after the repeater was properly adjusted to not exceed +/-
5KHz deviation total. It had been throwing peaks close to +/-20 KHz.