Just the other day I thought how cool it would be to have a data connection to
a "bells and whistles" repeater controller, so that configuration or even
software updates could be done remotely. If an internet connection is available
at the repeater site this should not be a very big deal. But often this isn't,
so how about establishing a packet-like data connection via the repeater input?

Does anyone know if something like this has ever been done, or has at least
been tried? I would be curious to learn about it!

Regards
Martin