Lance, Mark, Cort, Butch, Bob, Chris, and others,

Thanks for the good advice and quick response. I will follow up on the
suggestions, and get an idea of the cost.

It hadn't occurred to me that I would need a voter. With only this one
remote receiver, I thought I could just rely on the controller (ACC
RC-850) to accept the audio in accordance with the -850 priorities. Is
this not suitable?

I have a UHF Mastr II. I guess one approach would be to swap out the
receiver for a VHF receiver and use the UHF as the link. One of you has
done this with good result.

I also have an ACC RC-85 controller. I could use this with a VHF RX, a
UHF TX, and have a UHF RX at the base.

Does the link TX have to identify (amateur service)? I believe it does
have to. Is there a way to avoid having extra IDs when the link is
active? Well, I guess once every ten minutes isn't much of a problem.

Thanks again. More suggestions are welcome.

John Transue AF4PD