From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Morris WA6ILQ
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 2:33 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: W1GAN and square duplexers aka homebrew
duplexer

--- On Tue, 4/28/09, cruizzer77 <atlant...@gmx.ch> wrote:
From: cruizzer77 <atlant...@gmx.ch>
duplexer
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2009, 5:18 AM

It's interesting to hear about your projects! I would be interested in
knowing which VHF manual you're referring to, Jim.

At 08:32 AM 04/29/09, you wrote:

As I recall, an early ARRL VHF manual had a brief chapter on repeaters, and
I believe there were two articles that were of interest. One was the
duplexer and another was a four bay folded dipole antenna for repeater use.

The duplexer article is on the antennas page at repeater-builder.com
"A Homemade Duplexer for 2-Meter Repeaters" by John Bilodeau, W1GAN (from
the July 1972 QST magazine)  <
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/w1gan-duplexer.pdf>
http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/w1gan-duplexer.pdf>

I'd like to get a scan of that ARRL antenna article for the antennas page
(repeater-builder has permission from the ARRL to post PDFs of any articles
in QST or their books).

If you know where the four vertical bay antenna article is located, you may
find the duplexer article also.  I think it also was a QST article.

You may be thinking of the 73 Magazine article that is on the antennas
page...
"440 MHz Folded Dipole Repeater Antenna"   (222kb PDF file)   This is a two
page PDF file of the classic 73 Magazine construction article by Chuck
Kelsey WB2EDV - Yes, you can build yourself a DB-224 folded dipole array.  <
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/440fdipl.pdf>
http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/440fdipl.pdf>

I remember one fellow who built the duplexer complained that when it was hit
by lightning, it disassembled itself.  He had made the outside tube out of
individual sheets of copper soldered together, and the solder joints let go
when it took the strike.

That's what the PolyPhaser is for... mounted to the grounded copper plate in
the building wall...

73 - Jim  W5ZIT

Mike WA6ILQ