John,

I agree with Larry that the problem is that you have transmitter and
receiver too close in frequency and in separation distance. I am not an
expert, but I think you might try using a couple notch filters; i.e.
notch the receive frequency out of the transmitter and notch the
transmitter frequency out of the receiver. Also, you could reduce the
transmitter power to a minimum acceptable, and you could go to a highly
directional antenna for the link receiver. Maybe you could orient the
directional link antenna to put the transmit antenna in a null.

Good luck,
John T.