My experience with Dayton had to do with reservations.

Several of us get together at Dayton.  As nobody in the group had made any
reservations, I stepped forward back in February and reserved 4 rooms.  With
this particular chain I had always been able to cancel reservations before 6 PM
the same day.

I forgot one detail.  I did not look at the cancellation policy for this trip.
30 days!!

Here I was the day before the Hamvention holding 4 rooms (as the others found
rooms closer - 5 mi. vs. 10 mi.)!  Neither the chain NOR the hotel would help
me.  Online 2 hams took 2 of the rooms, and I had the third room.  Arriving at
the hotel, the staff told me they were overbooked, so cancelling the 4th room
cost me nothing!

Needless to say, I was on pins-and-needles.  It turns out that some of the
staff were jerks, and some were very accommodating!  Thank goodness for the
latter!

SO... did anybody else have a 30 day cancellation clause?

Next time, I will pay attention to the details!

73!

Kim - WG8S