Skipp,

Do you have any idea WHY the models with two dipoles side-by-side
are problematic and the in-line models are not? Are there
differences in the construction of the individual dipoles that cause
problems? Differences in the phasing harness? I'm thinking about
using these dipoles to build an in-line 4 bay array with my own
harness, but if the dipoles themselves are prone to problems that
would seem a waste of more time and money. I was considering doing
that even before the array became a noise nightmare, since it would
produce a pattern somewhat more to my liking and maybe (depending on
how it was done) reduce weight and wind load.

When (if?) I recover from blood loss to black flies at the repeater
site today, I will report on my findings testing individual dipoles
from the problematic array....

Paul N1BUG