  From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com]on Behalf Of John Poindexter
  Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 9:59 AM
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] 2 meter repeater

  Hi again,

  I found out that the ham building our repeater is using a GE Master II.

  He suggested we use a G7-144. Our antenna will be mounted on top of the
tower at either 60 or 70 feet, as we getting a newer tower than the 35 foot
one that is up now.

  Does anybody think that the G7 will not hold up being top mounted?

  I have read the comments here about current the antenna question on the
G7-220 and have read the G7-144 reviews on eham, which run both ways.

  Now I am looking for actual repeater owners' comments, which I would value
more than the eham ones.

  Hopefully, we will have it up and running by July.

  The funny thing is our users will be shocked when they can get into it
easily with a handheld as he wants to run it from his location for awhile to
make sure all the bugs are out. His antennas are at the 350 foot level and
only 20 miles west of us.

  I am afraid they will be disappointed when we go to the lower level.

  Thanks for all the advice.
  73
  John, W3ML