From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tgundo2003
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2009 11:30 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Maxtrac Power setting question

When setting the power level on a maxtrac, do you set for the power level at
your intended frequency of operation or do you do it at the test frequency
that's in the software and live with what you get at your freq?

My example- Installing a 40w VHF 146-174 Maxtrac in the car for mobile
operation, not repeater duty. If I set the output power into a dummy load at
the test frequency in the software (I think it's @159 meg)to 40 watts, I get
19w at 146.000 & 22w @ 147.000. I don't want to blow up the finals, but it
would be nice to eke a little more out of it in the ham band. I would much
rather use the maxtrac instead of the 50w Icom Ham rig, its audio is so much
better & I dont have the eternal alternator whine that the Icom just needs
to have to be happy (Thats a different story all together).

Thanks!

Tom
W9SRV