> Ken Arck <ah...@...> wrote:
> <----There's no way to convert a single one into full-duplex
> operation. But you could use one for the receiver and another
> for the transmitter.

And they work just fine for the task...

> BUT........

Always seems to be a "but"

> While they are great radios for their designed purpose, if you're
> going to run the transmitter in repeater duty you need to crank the
> power down (rated 30 watts as a mobile) to no more than 20 watts AND
> get tons of air moving, not only across the PA heatsink but the
> entire TX assembly as well.

I've been running them fairly close to rated power with nary
a failure all these years (and no fan). They are very durable
radios able to take more than a fair amount of abuse. I don't
run the 100 watt rated (higher power level) radios in repeater
service at full boogie.

> Of course, there is the little matter of programming the EEPROMS in
> 'em but there are folks who can do it for you. And they will tune
> down into the ham b

I'll program both the Syntech Eprom Modules free for any Ham and
GMRS Applications if you pay the postage both ways. If you get
crazy with a large number of frequencies to enter... you should
obtain the Midland 70-1000c dos software (free from a number of
locations), make your own Eprom Module Frequency data file and
provide it (the file) with your modules (by Email or 3.5 inch
disk is fine).

There is a Yahoo Midland Group... well worth joining.

cheers,
skipp

skipp025 at yahoo.com