The short answer, Grady, is no.  The Maratrac uses the same oscillator
for transmit and receive.  To make a one-box repeater like with a Micor
or MastrII, you have to be able to separate the TX and RX so that both
work at the same time.  Just can't be done with a Maratrac.

That being said, the Maratrac makes a good transmitter, with a few
modifications. You're right in thinking that the antenna relay should be
removed.  That's the first mechanical thing  that will break.  If you
have second mobile (doesn't have to be Maratrac) to use as a receiver,
you can put a controller between them and it should work fine.  I'll be
at Field Day sometime Saturday.  If you want, we can talk about it more
then.

73's de N4BWP