This isn't the most difficult question to answer, and I figure it can be
answered relatively easily. I currently over the past few weeks constructed a
GMRS repeater for my neighbor hood to use. It is constructed of 2 maxtrac
radios one set at just 30 watts tx. I plan to use 2 antenna's so no duplexer is
needed with some good Heliax cable running at least to the TX antenna. I have
40 ft of tower that I plan to mount the antennas on. One antenna is a Celwave
(RFS) 6db gain antenna. And the other is just a plain 1/4 wave NMO style mount
antenna. Which is the best way to install these antennas on my repeater?
Celwave on the transmit end and at the top, or 1/4 wave on the Transmit and
celwave on the receive? Also which antenna should be mounted on top of the
tower?