have a looksee on ebay, probably going to find one for under $30. Was going to do that before I was unable to locate any reasonably prices gm300 or maxtracs around columbus ga

turboelesjuan wrote:

A little background on what I'm trying to accomplish here;

I'm a member of a Ham radio club but do not live in the city the club's repeater resides in. Due to the distance away I'm unable to access the repeater with a handheld radio without the use of a large external antenna and thats what I'd like to change.

Installed in my vehicle is a Yaesu FT-8800 mobile that has ability to perform crossband repeat option. Example: A: 145.170MHz (-600khz offset) B: 438.500MHz simplex.

I have a UHF Radio that I can set to 438.500MHz simplex to walk around my house and both TALK and RECEIVE traffic to and from the repeater. Basically the radio in my car has the ability to transmit and receive on BOTH frequencies.

Heres my question: Is there a controller I can build which has the ability to control TWO Motorola GM300 mobiles w/16pin connectors the same way? Use each radio as a transceiver for bi-directional traffic? I already have both of the GM300 radios and they didn't cost 400$, which my 8800 Did. I want something perm. installed at my house so I can use a small UHF handheld on low power anywhere around my area to chat.

Is this possible?

Thanks!!
-Scott