As it appears here to a disinterested party , he broke the law and equipment
used in commissioning the crime was confiscated ( jamming + abuse) .. along
with some which may have been involved so taken as well to prevent further
illegal activity .
 Time to drop it fellas .

________________________________
> To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> From: je...@lafn.org
> Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 19:42:34 +0000
> Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: IMPORTANT - large amount of stolen equipment
> recovered - is some yours?

> That's a completely different situation. There's no B&E or burglary alleged
> here. You got a crime, you seize the evidence. You don't got a crime, it
> ain't evidence. Now the cops are the thieves.
>

> I'm done trying to explain this. Really. :)
>

> Jeff
>

> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "TRACOMM" wrote:
>

>> Years ago, the PD arrested a guy breaking into a snow plow dealer late
>
>> night.
>

>> Searched his house found tons of truck accessories, tires, rims,
>
>> landscaping equipment, light bars, 50 radios, scanners, TV's & home
>
>> electronics, etc.
>

>> Turns out this fellow had a long history of shoplifting and B&E on those
>
>> places, including numerous shops, (ours 3 TIMES), closed out 25 B&E
>
>> cases by SEAZING the evidence, and returning it to the rightful owners
>
>> after trial.
>

>> Arrest him and not seize the stuff, guarantee it will bne gone as soon
>
>> as he gets out on bail.
>

>> At least this way he can claim his stuff, if he can show it is actually
>
>> his.
>

>> Strange twist of fate, several years later, guy shows up at out shop,
>
>> NOW a rehabbed citizen, new trucks and a bank check to buy 12 mobiles
>
>> for his new landscaping business. Also apologized.
>

>> CJD
>

>> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Kincaid"
>
>> wrote:
>
>> Jerry, I certainly didn't mean to imply that he was doing nothing when
>
>> I said I hoped the folks he was jamming would receive a huge settlement
>
>> from him. Sorry if I was unclear. :) I am concerned, however, that the
>
>> County siezed a boatload of gear that is not known to be involved in any
>
>> crime. I think they should investigate first, and enforce later, rather
>
>> than the other way around.
>
>>> We're pretty far off topic here, so I hope this will be sufficient to
>
>> clarify my concerns.
>

>>> Jeff
>

>>> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, gerald bishop orangetruck38@

>> doing nothing. Not sure if they warned him,but when you jam a legal freq
>
>> ,this is what happens,sooner or later. There was another jammer out
>
>> there ,i think that removal of gear and fines didn't stop him,and was
>
>> sent to the slammer. Some may think this wrong,but if you didn't ,soon
>
>> would have what the CB'ers had back in the late 70's. Self-destruction
>
>> !! Jerry W8KQ

>> stolen equipment recovered - is some yours?

>> Are you kidding? The politicians don't care about the Constitution, to
>
>> them
>
>> it is some totally irrelevant old document. In other words, they ignore
>
>> it
>
>> and do whatever they want.

> [...]

Looking for a new car this winter? Let us help with car news, reviews and more
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT