From: Ken Franks [mailto:fra...@godwinschools.org]
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 8:04 AM
To: Eric Lemmon
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Repeater Desense?

it is a commercial VHF (rx 152, tx 159).  yes, the duplexer is mounted
inside.  I went to take a look at the make/model and it was not legible due
to a faded sticker.  It should be within operating spec's though since it
was the one purchased with the unit and been in service for 3 years.

Interestingly enough, one of our IT people went to look at it and found that
the closer he held the PT to the duplexer, the dropping of rx when tx'ing
resolved but was pretty fuzzy sounding yet.  Then, when he held the PT even
closer and transmitted, it began to operate properly again and no longer
sounded fuzzy.

>>> "Eric Lemmon" <wb6...@verizon.net> 7/10/2009 10:32 AM >>>

If this is a 2m repeater, and the duplexer is mounted inside the VXR-7000
cabinet, it must be a mobile notch duplexer. I don't believe that such a
duplexer can perform with a 600 kHz split. Please elaborate on the make and
model of duplexer you have, and the RX and TX frequencies.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY