Hello Group,

It is always confusing to figure out what computer to use for programming, ie.
speed of processor, what operating system, etc.
I am using a "Ribless" cable, pluged into "Com 1".
The RSS appears to be DOS screen. (I looked at the RSS on a 2 gig processor
computer, running "XP"). Probably too fast,huh? I have a 386-16, Dos 6.xx
computer I use for Midland "XTR" programming. Would this be a better choice?

What type of above would I need to reprogram a UHF HT-1000?

The model # is H01SDC9AA3DN

I would like to program it to the 70 cm HAM band.

I have access to RSS 02.10.02 [RVN4098D], and 03.02.01 [RVN4098G]

Do I need to hold the [SHIFT] key while entering frequencies?

Thanks for any information.

Tim Hardy W7TRH