There seems to be confusion & mystery in the crowd of radio buffs that I han
out with (not in this group!) on the subject of connecting cable lengths for
cavity & duplexer use.  I've heard that the manufacturers of such devices also
tend to be mum on this.

It seems to me that if these devices are tuned up to perform their function(s)
(notch, peak, bandpass, bandreject, etc.) with 50 ohms of pure R in & out as
source & load Z, cable length ought not make a difference (within reason, I'm
not talking long cables with significant losses) to their performance.

Is this so?  Am I missing something?  Thanx!