> My memory is failing me, but I think it was Volvo that was putting two
> embedded-in-glass antennas with diversity-receive radios in their cars a few
> years ago (this was FM obviously).  I heard that they worked extremely well.
> Can anyone confirm?
>

>                               --- Jeff

That is correct at least in the Volvo Wagons, our current '04 V70 wagon has
such an antenna, and I beleive our old '96 of the same model had a one too. It
is placed in the the rear side window, and looks simmilar to the defogging foil
on the back windshield.  As far as performance is concerned, it works on FM,
not exceptionally well but I would not say I'm dissatisfied. Of course however,
AM is limited to very local stations.