Thanks anyway, Rich, I always appreciate "helping energy".

--- On Mon, 8/31/09, Rich Osman <li...@ozindfw.net> wrote:

From: Rich Osman <li...@ozindfw.net>
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Fw: Sources of Maxtrac's
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 9:40 PM

The manual I referred to is the Motorola manual.  The FCC ids are

usually given up front near where the model table data is.  Some of the

talkies only have one FCC ID for all subranges in a band, but usually not.

First step is Google the ID and see what you see.  Looks like 42-50 split.

Second step is go to the FCC Site:

https://fjallfoss. fcc.gov/oetcf/ eas/reports/ GenericSearch. cfm

Which in turn leads us to:

https://fjallfoss. fcc.gov/oetcf/ eas/reports/ GenericSearchRes
ult.cfm?RequestT imeout=500

Where we learn that this radio covers 29.7 - 50 Mhz and that I was sadly

mistaken.  Apparently they are now doing variants on a single

authorization. Sigh. Spectra and earlier this trick works.

Oz

[wiping egg off face and preparing the crow]

--

mailto:o...@ozindfw.net

Oz

POB 93167