I've done this by a very tedious method. Scan the 8-1/2X11 sections to BMP
files, then in MS PAint create a new image the correct size and paste each
section in, using mouse control to line up edges of adjacent bmp's, then
"print" to a pdf. Its important to get the initial image size correct in Paint.
Add up all the widths from the bmp's and take the largest height as the initial
size. You can always crop down later.

Eric's idea is best. Not very costly. And I have a couple of manuals Eric
copied this way, and the output runs rings around the "stitching" method.

GeorgeC

W2DB