John,

Some comments and observations;

Moving a 30 or 40 year old might radio invalidate the fact that it was
"working at the other site."

Duplexers, particularly 'vintage' duplexers don't always travel well.
This is particularly true when the person doing the alignment forgets to
run the locking nuts in... (Of course I've never done this.)

Of course **I've** never made a mistake reconnecting stuff after a
radio's been moved, either.  ;-)

The idea of a binary search is valid and lets you verify the facts you
think you know.  It doesn't hurt to prove that it's the site and not the
radio.

Finally, remember what happens when you assume...

Oz

--
mailto:o...@ozindfw.net
Oz