From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of skipp025
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:44 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] GE LB VHF RF Amplifier Drive Level? basic specs?

On the way home from yesterdays Lincoln, CA. Ham Swap
I noticed a bunch of surplus GE Radio Gear just "up and
jumped into the back of the truck".

Two of the hitch-hiking items were GE VHF RF Amplifiers,
looking a lot like a GE Master II Mobile decks factory
mounted into a frame used in a base/repeater application.

The RF Decks appear to be VHF Low Band units with the
printed part numbers of PL19B219688G6 REV on each. The
final output devices are 4 labeled C4104P1 transistors
as is the single driver. The remaining first input device
is a transistor labeled C6965P1.

So... can anyone tell me the basics about this PA Model?

Drive Level?
Realistic Output Level?

The output of the PA goes toward a covered T/R Relay section
in the chassis/frame corner where I see connections for a
receiver port. Is the T/R Relay normally powered/energized
with each transmission to route the RF Amplifier to the Antenna
(output) Port? All the RF Connections appear to be the RCA
type...

Unlike Motorola RF Amplifiers... I'm not seeing an RF Power
Stage Control Voltage line/wire/connection point from/on the
chassis?

The two chassis that came home with me look to be real cookers
for something on low band... if I can get them to work.

Thank you in advance for your replies...

cheers,
skipp