Thanks Jim it is Made for that Freq Center at 445 But it is a Little High
Antenex FG-4405 Actually 72 In

http://tinyurl.com/ydenqf4

Don KA9QJG

Good luck.  I don't know what is inside the tube but whatever it is it is
too short.  If there are several sections you may not be able to retune it.
Probably best to find an antenna that is made correctly for your frequency.

__ Before I try and re invent the wheel I thought I ask if anyone else has
already did this or even if it could be done.

I have a 48 in Ant made by   Antenex   5DB uhf Base      that I plan on
using on a repeater at 444.750 the actually ant is enclosed inside the
fiberglass tube.

The SWR Is High at 444.750 abut a 3 that would be ok in Most cases but not
on the Repeater which wants to see very little SWR To duplex properly.

So My thought  is to get a Dremel  cut and remove the  tube from the  bottom
then remove it and get the Bird Wattmeter  and Cut or add if needed  the end
of the rod to get the SWR  Low as possible

Then put it back together using JB- Weld or some type of Fiberglass repair
kit.

Thanks

Don KA9QJG