well take the 9.6 volt circuit off of the TPN1121a and go from there  no
transformer

John

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: MCH
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:52 AM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Micor Repeater

    Maybe you missed a key part...

  "Site owner does not want a micor power supply."

  The 12V only is not the issue - it's the fact that the chassis has to be
  run off 12V when it requires a 9.6V secondary supply.

  (unless you put the TPN1121A in a big, black box and call it a 9.6V
  converter) ;->

  Joe M.

  burkleoj wrote:
  > Ralph,
  > Motorola did make a special power supply for running the Micor station off
of a 12 volt battery system. It is Model TPN1121A.

  > They are fairly rare but very nice. I use these on our solar sites here in
Western Oregon for our Micor repeaters.

  > I would be surprised if you could not come up with one of the TPN1121A
power supplies in your part of the country, where solar sites are fairly common.