Perhaps you need two Ford Explorers? :)  Theres a lot of them to be
found dead for scrap prices.  Delete the driveshaft(s) and add a tow
bar.  Nice inconspicuous repeater platform!

2m RX -> 900/1.2 link to other SUV -> 2M TX

If the link radio TX was very low (few hundred mW?) a smallish deep
cycle (SLA) battery should run the RX and link TX for quite a while, and
all you'd need then is a notch of some sort to keep the
across-the-parking-lot-or-whatever signal from slipping into the 2M RX.

Of course, a backpack, ammo box, ice chest or even a small trailer may
be an easier solution to work with.  I suggest the second Explorer to
possibly increase the value of my own dead Ford Exploder.  Maybe you
could start a trend!

JS