So, is there no way to fool the repeater or shoot different firmware into it so
it wIll take the 144-148mhz tx freqs?

----- Original Message -----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Mon Nov 16 15:01:33 2009
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Mtr-2000 for 2m use.

Well, the MTR2000 in VHF came primarily in two flavors, 132-174 MHz 40
watt, and 150-174 MHz 100 watt. The 150-174 MHz 100 watt unit will
not tune down to 2 meter ham frequencies.

The easy way to tell the two apart is looking for fans on the PA and
power supply. If you have fans, you have a 100 watt unit. No fans or
just a fan on the power supply, you'll have a 40 watt unit.

Unfortunately I can't answer to whether you will need the pre-selector
for 600 kHz split.

-Brian / KF4ZWZ