first thing i would check  would be aging solder joints, all the expansion and
contraction due to heat and cold can make them loose integrity.

--- On Mon, 11/23/09, Adam Feuer <feu...@optonline.net> wrote:

From: Adam Feuer <feu...@optonline.net>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] UHF Mastr II PA - SLOW
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 6:27 PM

Hello All,

I have on the bench into a dummy load an exceptionally clean Mastr II
100 watt UHF PA. It appears to be a "late model" version because it has
the Z-Match board right above the RF output connector.

At 13.6 volts and 21 amps, it's doing 100 watts easily. I can vary it
down all the way and vary it up to about 128 watts. So, to me it seems
like it's in good shape. I left it key'd for 30 minutes and the current
and power output stayed the same, 21 amps and 100 watts.

After letting it cool, I key'd it up again. It immediately went up to
only 20 watts, then after about 30 seconds it hit 75 watts and finally
after close to a minute and a half, it hit 100 watts. I let it cool
again, and same thing. This appears to be the way this amp is as
nothing I can do can get it to change. I checked the exciter and
immediately upon being key'd it puts out 220 mw.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Adam N2ACF