Hi David,

Is the Hear Clear board only on the 900 mhz spectras?

I was looking in my service manual, and it talks about
the board plugging into P501, but on my VHF spectras,
this plug is unpopulated..

As a side note, when I went to replace the capacitors,
I noticed that a fire ant had given it's life while spanning
a couple of pins on the audio output TDAxxx part. There
seemed to be some 'liquid ant residue' remaining, so perhaps
it damaged the audio amp.  I guess I'll have to look at
the thing with the scope & see what's going on in comparison
to one that works 'correctly'.

Thanks!

Tim