Tom and all,

I think I'd be more worried about corrosion issues associated with H2S gas
mixing with water vapor and creating sulfuric acid (H2SO4)

Mark - N9WYS

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com  On Behalf Of Chris Quirk

Well boats usually do not blow up or catch fire from hydorgen leaking from
batteries. It is usually from gasoline vapors or leaking propane. The
plastic battery box is a corrosion / spill containment issue.

My Jaguar XJ8 L has the battery in the well sealed trunk of the vehicle, I
have also owned several cars that the batteries were under the back seat. So
Hydrogen gas and venting is a real issue but statically incidents are pretty
low from what I can tell

Like I said earlier there are repeaters in the same block house that mine is
in and they place the batteries in the bottom of the cabinet with no real
venting taking place, does not seem to be an issues and as most of the
chargers are slow charge with trickle so not a lot of gas released anyway.
You add to this that hydrogen rises very quickly as it is much lighter than
air and you ask the question how much gas would stay in an enclosed area ?
My guess is little to none.