I'm collecting info about using a Tait T800 series 1 low band repeater as a ham
6m repeater, but info is very scarce. I do not own such a repeater yet but know
where I'd get one in case I see that there is some hope for success.

These are the problems one will most likely run into:

First of all the factory software to generate the hex files is very stubborn
and refuses to generate files for out of band frequencies. The factory
frequency range is 66-88 MHz while I'd need it between 51 and 52 MHz. BTW I
only have the old dos software as the newer windows version is nowhere to be
found.

Second the hardware may need some tweaking, but to what extent?

Furthermore I have not found the manuals for the T825 (RX), T827 (Exciter) and
T828 (PA) modules.

I'd appreciate if those who know these repeaters could say a few words about
it. Thanks guys.

73 de Martin HB9TZW