From: "wb6dgn" <tallins...@yahoo.com>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Source of Coil Slugs

> John,
> That was my understanding as well and I expected the front end to tune that
way.  I did just what you described and could not find a peak on any one of
the coils.  My manual says to start with the slugs (202 through 209) at the
top of the forms, which I did.  Maybe, before I get too far off the track, I
will reset everything and start over again.  I was expecting a real easy
alignment but with the exception of 201, 210 and 211, nothing seemed to act
the way I expected.  Interestingly, the transmitter tuned right up with no
modifications required.  Sure is uncomfortable though not having a "TUNE'
switch to reduce input to the final stages while tuning but everything worked
out OK.  Due to my present wimpy power supply, I only set the output to about
30 watts for now.  Thanks for your comments, you've reinforced what I had
expected.
> Tom DGN
>
> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN MACKEY" <jmac...@...> wrote:
> >
> > The 42 to 50 Mhz Motrac/Motran L receiver should tune 6 meters just fine
> > EXCEPT for the crystal multiplier stage which will need 3 capacitors
changed
> > to lower values.
> >
> > If you are having trouble tuning the RF receiver front end, the manual
tells
> > you to remove the cover and use a signal generator thru a capacitor to
inject
> > signal into each stage for tuning the individual adjustments.  Then
inject
> > signal in to the normal RF input and tune the entire front end.

ABOUT