The recent discussion about converting a Micor 2W UHF station to 12W by
modifying the TLE1893B Antenna Network is a rehash of the same topic that
was discussed on R-B back in May 2004.  One of the key points made was that
the voltage representing reflected power is scaled differently in the 12W
TLE1670B antenna network, than it is in the 2W TLE1893B network.  Bypassing
the attenuator changes the forward power to 12W, but failure to add the four
components may leave the power control module- and possibly the PA as well-
vulnerable to damage from reflected power.

The two capacitors and the one resistor that must be added are easy; the
identification of thermistor RT602 is not.  Is there any reader of this list
who can identify this thermistor by its part number and its characteristics?
I, too, have a 2W Micor repeater that I'd like to convert to 12W, so I would
appreciate some information about a commercial device that matches the
original Motorola part.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY