From: Eric Lemmon <wb6...@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Mastr II mods and parts
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, January 6, 2010, 3:15 AM

Greg,

You've come to the right place for information. First off, the exciter is
just that- it is a very low-power (1/4 to one watt) signal source that is
intended to drive any of several power amplifiers, from as low as 10 watts
to more than 200 watts. It is not practical to modify the exciter; you
simply add the appropriate PA to achieve the power output you want.

If your repeater is completely "stock" please advise what the Combination
Number is on the data plate. This will help the list members understand
what you now have. Has this repeater been modified for Amateur 2m use
already, or is it now on a commercial pair and you want to modify it for 2m
operation?

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY