I think it was an article on a DB-224e or something like that...
 73
 Mike - N7ZEF

----- Original Message -----
From: "larryjspamme...@teleport.com" <lar...@teleport.com>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 20:40
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Celwave/Sinclair, etc. antenna conversion to
2-Meters?

Several years ago, I found an article on the internet about converting the
typical 150-174 MHz folded-dipole VHF antennas to 2-Meters. The article had
each folded dipole element electrically "lengthened" by drilling a hole at
the bottom and the top of each aluminum tubing element, and mounting a small
bolt and nut - thus lengthening the overall electrical length of the element
and lowering the resonant frequency. Possibly the coax harness was also
rebuilt. The article I'm thinking of had nice color pictures and was a very
well done web page article.

I haven't been able to find this article, using Google and using the terms
that I thought would be a good match. Does anyone remember this article and
know what the url might be?

These antennas often pop up surplus for cheap (often free), and they're very
stout. I see in the catalogs that some versions are rated at 120 MPH wind
velocity, and have a 6-year warranty! I've just been given one, too, and it
appears to be almost brand-new. It would be a shame to just send it to the
metal recyclers when I know there have been good conversion articles.

Thanks and 73,
Larry