I have an Icom FR3000-2 VHF repeater that was shipped to me some time ago.
It was working fine before it was shipped.

When I hooked it up, the display was not working. I opened the case and
found that two of the flex cables between the logic board and the front
display had come loose. There is a ferrite oval on the two and it appears
that it had enough weight to cause the cables to come loose when jarred in
shipping.

After re-inserting the two flex cables, all functions of the repeater work
perfectly. In doing a quick performance check, I found the receiver
sensitivity is around 1uV. I checked the patch cable from the rear panel to
the receiver board- it looks fine and DC resistance checks were good. Not
having another cable with the same little connector as on the receiver
board, I can't substitute it. I did try a patch cable with a bare end that I
could insert into the receiver; the results were a touch worse than the
factory cable (as I expected), so I think the cable is fine.

I tried doing the alignment procedure in the service manual, but the
sensitivity didn't improve. (I did check the service monitor with a known
good receiver and its output was correct.)

Before I remove the receiver board to try resoldering it, does anyone have
any other ideas?

Thanks,
Doug
K4AC