Keep in mind that DPL (CDCSS) uses a 134.4 Hz turn-off code, and this one
tone is used for all DPL codes.  It is possible that the decoder in the
radio is trumping the decoder in the controller.  It is also possible that a
high-pass filter is absent or maladjusted, allowing audio in the range of
134.4 Hz to falsely trigger the turn-off code detector.  Some controllers
are very poor at handling carriers with DPL coding.  You might have to add a
pull-up or pull-down resistor to make the logic understandable to the
controller.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY