E&M over microwave or T-1 channels works quite well for our 6 meter repeater
here in Indy. We use an older N9EE controller with relay isolated PTT
outputs. You will probably want to isolate the controller from the E&M with
something. Most E&M systems require either -24 or -48 VDC for keying. Our
system is all GE MASTR II with 5 voted receivers coming into a central site
where the voter is. The output of the voter goes into the controller which
keys the M lead on a microwave channel to the transmitter at a site about 4
miles away. At the transmitter, the channel's E lead keys the transmitter
PTT input. It works out quite well. Hope this helps.

Mike, WA9FDO

IPL-ARC