----- Original Message -----
  From: i recycle computers
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:29 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Just a Crazy Thought

  I have heard numerous urban legends of 27 MHz CB repeaters being built.

  has anyone ever come across such a thing. if not does anyone think it is
  even possible from a technical standpoint?

  the limitations are AM mode, and using any of the 40 CB channels with 4
  watts PEP AM or 12 Watts PEP SIB i.e.: using completely un modified type
  certified CB gear.

  Legally a repeater is illegal on CB, but i just want to do an excursive in
  thought as to what problems someone may run into with such a project, etc.

  i have seen this questioned asked numerous times through the years and even
  heard rumors of it actually being done.

  no one though has actually went deep into the technical aspects of such a
  project or could point me out to the people who are operating or operated
  such a setup.

  Thanks,

  Rev. Robert P. Chrysalis

  I Recycle Computers

  "Saving Unwanted PC's From The Landfill One Computer At A Time :)"

  Listen To My Free Live Police Scanner Feed for Tuscaloosa / Northport
  http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=3836