Hello to All,

This is my first attempt at working on a Motorola GR300 repeater.  It is
using the GM300 radios and ZR310 controller.  I have replaced the GM300
radios with wide band units and almost have it working.  The original
repeater functioned fine.  I replaced the receive radio and got it
working OK.  Next I replaced the transmit radio and I'm having a
problem.  The transmit radio works fine by itself.  When I put it in the
GM300 cabinet it keys up momentarily and drops.  It will not key again
until the 5 second timer runs out, then I can get it to momentarily key
again.  I've gone through the programming, but cannot find a difference
between the good and bad transmit radios.  I checked the option jumpers
in the old and new radios.

Now I'm not sure if I'm programming it correctly.  The software has a
radio mode and a repeater mode.  Which one do you use for programming
the radios?  It looks like it could be done either way.  I've been using
the Radio mode.

I'm probably missing something simple, but just don't see it.

I'm working on this for a ham friend and it's gotten out of control
time-wise.  I'd like to get this resolved so I can move on to other
projects.

Thanks ahead of time,

73, Joe, K1ike

<*> Your email settings: